photo blogbanner2.jpg



introduction
 photo blogpicturesmall.jpg

Hello there, I am Janice and welcome to my blog.
I also blog at dayre.me/jannpang


ADS

Search

Social Media
INSTAGRAM

Instagram
TWITTER

Recent Posts
The Proposal
Exciting
Lying in bed refusing to get up... It's intens...
Bored.
Run
Twelve Cupcakes!
Of Privé, and Jeremy's homecoming.
Hike
NDP Preview
We're going to the ZOOOOOOOO~


The Bling - Part 1
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 | Posted by Janice | 0 comment/s
Still riding the engagement high although it's almost 3 weeks ago.
*it's now 3 months ago. Took me ages to complete this post lol.*

Today, I'm going to blog about the process of choosing The Bling. Yes, the one I'm wearing for the rest of my life (I plan to wear it together with the wedding band).

So, D started looking around for the ring since last year. I told him I wouldn't start wedding planning until I was proposed to, as I don't want it to be a case where he only proposes one month before the wedding haha. I want to wear the diamond to let people know I'm getting married mah!

D is a strong believer in research. He researches everything - Holiday, Housing, Banking... Everything. He put in loads of effort for researching for the bling, especially since I want a heart shaped diamond.

Side track abit... Why heart shaped diamond? Heart shaped diamond became popular in recent years thanks to Xiaxue. Her engagement ring/wedding band was like a BIG thing then, probably not alot of people knew that heart shaped diamond existed.

My parents initially thought a heart shaped diamond means this:

A million little small diamonds forming a heart shape. I told them it's supposed to be a heart Solitaire. They thought I was making things difficult for D (They thought I was joking about the existence of the shape initially haha)! Heart shaped diamond SOLITAIRE? Confirm super expensive!! Here's an example!


So after I saw the heart shaped diamond I knew there is no going back for me. Why settle for a round solitaire when you can get a fancy shaped one?

D was worried. I was worried. We're worried that we couldn't afford it. Why spend half a year's salary to get an accessory? XX mentioned that her engagement ring was $6k+. I couldn't afford a $6k+ diamond, and it's impractical for us to spend such a big amount of money on it.

D's research yielded some interesting results. Private jewellers is the way to go. The timing though, was a big problem. He started pestering me to go to the jewellers since last year. I was reluctant, as I feel that I'm still 21 years old! My wedding will be 2016!! 2013 is wayyyyyy to early to look at rings.

I relented and agreed to go in January 2014.

First Stop:

Lovis Diamond
We went to the newly opened outlet at Westgate. Everything is so white and bling and dreamy in there. Everything that glitters also look more expensive. We approached this salesperson, asking if they have any heart shaped diamonds.

"Oh yes yes! We do have a very beautiful diamond in store, come take a look!"

The rock she showed us was a perfect 1.00ct, Flawless clarity with D colour. Rock of many women's dreams.

"Look at the beauuuutifulll shape. The colour and clarify perfect. and the price, ONLY 16 thousand dollars. Not expensive at all!"

D and I faked smiled all the way. During the whole process, she was extremely protective of her diamonds, refusing to let me hold the clasp that was holding the diamond. She's super scared that I'll drop it. :S

*We did leave our contact details with the sales person though, giving her a $5k budget to look for the diamond. She never called us.*

Second stop:

Love and Co. @ Westgate
Love and Co. wasn't really a private jeweller, however, do specialize in heart shaped diamonds. A very friendly sales girl showed us diamonds of a 0.4ct, 0.5ct and 0.6ct. D loved the size of a 0.6ct as it's the right size. A heart shaped diamond needs to be bigger in order for the shape to be clearly seen.

The price was... reasonable. for the 0.5ct, costs about $3k+. Finally, nothing atrocious like $16k. However, the 0.6ct is double the price of a 0.5ct lol.

However, no love at first sight, all of them are skinny hearts. I want a fat diamond. lol. We left our contact number to the salesgirl with a budge

*She did call us quite promptly about a diamond that she found with good specs, but only a 0.4ct. We aren't that keen on the size, but we fixed an appt with her again, but it never happened as we chose our bling 2 days before our appt with her!*

Third Stop:

Love and Co. @ Ion Jewellery Street
Another Love and Co. because we're nearing our Jannpaul appointment the next day. Since we're in town that day, we decided to go look more to make sure that Jannpaul is really offering us the best would-be-deal. We're just going there, randomly looking through the available diamonds there... and suddenly, we saw a fat heart, 0.4ct but LOOKS LIKE a 0.5ct!

Which means we pay less but it looks big. HAHA. $2k+. Super affordable.

We started to panic a little, scared that somebody might buy off the diamond we might want. Hence we immediately head down to Jannpaul!

Okay it's a longggg post so far, I'm going to publish it here and talk more later.

I know this took me 3 months to finally post it up... but I'm just too busy!! :) till next time :)